Friday, May 26, 2006

Technology: David Maister on blogging

From Maaike Smit I got this interview on blogging with David Maister on Management site (normally in Dutch, but this time in English). He took on blogging and says:

At first, the thought of putting something relatively new or fresh down many times a week was scary, but now, three months later, I find it
exhilarating. It’s a perfect place to share “smaller” thoughts that do not yet deserve an article, and quite frequently, you get really helpful and stimulating reactions from people around the world. I am learning a lot
.

There’s an old writer’s joke that says “You don’t know what you know until you write it down.” I am finding that to be true. The mere act of committing to writing on a regular basis is forcing me to think more clearly, and also more deeply about my work experiences. I am now writing at least once a month, and posting a blogpost four or five times a week. Readers can subscribe to these at no cost by registering on my website.

I definitely share his experience of learning/organising your thoughts by writing them down. Especially writing down what was capturing in an article is very useful. But probably that depends a lot on your style of learning.

No comments: